Initially when coming up with the concept we would have liked to mimic sonar so as to emphasise the form of our device. So I began composing the tracks with my OP-1 synthesiser (found here). Unfortunately it wasn’t until we went through another phase of user testing that we found the sounds files were unsuitable for the surface transducer and effect we wanted from the device. With the use of amplifiers the audio clip played from the STs became distorted and uncomfortable to listen to and therefore resulted in another set back. But after further user test we concluded that the best sound clips would be a classical piece – so as not to be too intrusive into the users domestic life – which I feel has worked really well.